It is our sincere hope that this correspondence finds you happy and healthy. As a firm, we have been closely monitoring and addressing the rapidly evolving developments concerning COVID-19. Our goal is to make sure we are doing what is necessary to keep everyone in our firm healthy, while continuing to service our valued clients as we manage our way through these unprecedented times.
Our current focus:
- Both our Brookfield and Kenosha offices remain open with a limited crew on hand as we adhere to the CDC’s recommendation for social distancing and staying 6 feet apart.
- The same is true for visitors to our office. We have measures in place for those clients dropping off tax returns or meeting with our accountants to keep safety and health top of mind. As always, if you do not want to come to the office, you may mail in your information for processing, take advantage of the client portal or even send by way of facsimile.
- The remainder of our employees are working remote with policies we’ve had in place that take into account security, confidentiality and safety. Our employees can be reached via email, by calling their direct dial number, or by contacting our office at (262) 797-0400.
- The IRS has come out with some guidance on the April 15 filing deadline. Most tax payments that are due with the 2019 tax returns are extended to July 15, 2020. We are waiting for guidance from Wisconsin, as well as from the IRS on 2020 estimated tax payments. For now, it’s business as usual as we forge ahead to April 15 until we receive more information.
- All Vrakas departments will continue to work diligently to make sure any relevant deadlines are met (tax filing deadlines, financial statement deadlines for your trusted lenders, etc.).
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our firm. We will continue to keep you updated as events and details unfold or change.
James A. Holmes & Bradley J. Weckwerth