Many construction business owners dedicate most of their time working in the business, but few are able to devote significant time and resources to work on the business. As advisors, it is our goal to provide sound advice to the general contractors, subcontractors and home builders we serve by developing solutions for the more complex business management needs of the construction industry.
Vrakas is a member of the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) and regularly attends construction industry specific training to stay up to date on the latest trends.
Our experts understand the issues business owners face, including the ever-changing tax and reporting regulations, unstable surety and banking markets, labor issues, rising costs and unrelenting competition. We assist clients by increasing efficiencies in each of the four construction processes—estimating, production, accounting and analysis. We offer industry-specific business advisory services designed to increase your profitability, improve your competitive position and reduce your operating costs.
In addition to traditional accounting, auditing and tax services, our construction specialists provide assistance in the following areas:
- Job cost efficiency and profitability analysis
- Federal acquisition regulations (FARS) audits (contract compliance)
- Maximizing bonding and credit capabilities
- Benchmarking and analytical review
- Strategic sales and use tax planning
- Internal control and other management recommendations
In addition, our experience with other construction companies allows us to assist you effectively with various tax issues, including:
- Efficient, accurate and timely compliance services
- Knowledgeable tax authority representation
- Experienced reorganization structuring assistance
- New entity selection assistance
- Multi-state compliance and nexus planning
- Cost segregation studies to maximize depreciation
- Depreciation analysis