Many construction business owners and contractors dedicate most of their time working in the business, but few are able to devote significant time and resources to work on the business. As CPAs and advisors, it is our goal to provide sound tax advice to the general contractors, subcontractors and home builders we serve by developing solutions for the more complex business management needs of the construction industry.
Vrakas is a member of the Construction Financial Management Association: Milwaukee & Chicago (CFMA) chapters and regularly attends construction industry specific training to stay up to date on the latest trends.
Our experts understand the issues construction business owners face, including the ever-changing tax and reporting regulations, unstable surety and banking markets, labor issues, rising costs and unrelenting competition. We assist clients by increasing efficiencies in each of the four construction processes—estimating, production, accounting and analysis. We offer construction industry-specific business advisory services designed to increase your profitability, improve your competitive position and reduce your operating costs.
In addition to being a member of CFMA, Vrakas is a proud member of the contractor associations:
- Association of General Contractors of Wisconsin
- Tri-County Contractors Association
- Great Lakes Construction Association
Vrakas Construction Clients by the Numbers
We are proud of the growth our construction clients have realized. The following summarizes the construction work put in place the past few years by Vrakas clients:
- 2017 Construction work put in place: $948,393,927
- 2018 Construction work put in place: $1,164,009,460
- 2019 Construction work put in place: $1,316,969,812
- 2020 Construction work put in place: $1,268,791,375
- 2021 Construction work put in place: $2,555,771,716
- 2022 Construction work put in place: $2,952,541,226
Vrakas has assisted our construction and building contractor clients with state and local tax compliance in Wisconsin as well as all 50 states and has diverse construction industry experience as illustrated in the graph below.
Our Construction Experts = Your DREAM Team
- Job cost efficiency and profitability analysis
- Federal acquisition regulations (FARS) audits (contract compliance)
- Maximizing bonding and credit capabilities
- Benchmarking and analytical review
- Strategic sales and use tax planning
- Internal control and other management recommendations
In addition, our experience with other construction companies allows us to assist you effectively with various tax issues, including:
- Efficient, accurate and timely compliance services
- Knowledgeable tax authority representation
- Experienced reorganization structuring assistance
- New entity selection assistance
- Multi-state compliance and nexus planning
- Cost segregation studies to maximize depreciation
- Depreciation analysis