Culture & Benefits
While we work hard, quality of life is a priority that is supported throughout the year. We work hard to help our team members enjoy a fulfilling and rewarding career, while continuously emphasizing the importance of maintaining an active family and personal life. We offer flexible accommodations for your unique situation.
Pleasant Working Environment
At Vrakas, there is a team atmosphere, where helping each other learn and succeed is a top-priority. Our shareholders maintain an open-door policy and are always available to answer questions. The firm promotes a healthy environment where co-workers socialize and get to know each other. Some fun features include, the ability to stream music while working, jeans days to support local charities, healthy snacks and meals provided during busy season and the ability to work at stand-up desks, just to name a few.
Career Advancement and Support
The Vrakas mentorship program assists employees in training and personal and professional development. Our mentors are available to answer career questions and assist you with managing your continuing professional education. At Vrakas, we emphasize hiring from within, proven by our Shareholder group, most of whom were promoted to their current positions after starting as staff or senior accountants.
Financial Rewards and Benefits
At Vrakas, your hard work is appreciated and recognized. We are proud to offer our employees the following comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term and short-term disability
- 401(k) plan and 5% guaranteed profit sharing contribution
- Retirement plan education and planning assistance
Paid time off
- Guaranteed 4 weeks of vacation to start
- Paid time off (PTO) with accrual opportunities
- Paid time off for volunteer activities
- CPA exam bonus, upon passing
- CPA exam fee reimbursement, upon passing
- Paid time off to take the CPA exam
- Reimbursement for continuing professional education credits
- In-house and off-site training
- Paid professional dues, including AICPA and WICPA
- New client referral bonus
- Bonus opportunities at all levels
- Firm hosted events throughout the year
- Firm sponsored sporting teams
- Free parking
- Snacks and catered meals during busy season
- On-site dry cleaning service
A great culture is more than just perks, a portfolio of benefits and time off. A top workplace is about organizational health. Employees want to align with the company’s vision, be challenged by a high-performance culture and feel they are valued and their voices heard.