Culture & Benefits
At Vrakas, quality of life is a priority. We work hard to help our team members enjoy a fulfilling and rewarding career, while continuously emphasizing the importance of maintaining an active family and personal life. Vrakas offers workplace flexibility helping to balance an employee’s work-life and well-being.
Pleasant Working Environment
At every level there is an open-door policy creating an atmosphere of learning and success. Departments are intermixed amongst each other to enhance relationships, collaboration and socialization. The Vrakas culture is further supplemented by a casual dress code, company outings, intermural athletics, flexible schedules, charitable opportunities, sit to stand desks and healthy snacks and meals to name a few.
Come Work With Us
Vrakas is always looking for intern candidates, recent college graduates and experienced professionals who want to be a part of our dynamic team.
Wendy Peterson, Supervisor
“I love participating in the outings Vrakas hosts for employees every year, including the golf outing, Brewer game and Volunteer day. It has been a great way to get to know my co-workers outside of the office and build camaraderie.“
Jack Covek, Supervisor
“Working at Vrakas has been very fulfilling. Over the last couple of years, I have gone from someone who completes a small part of the audit to coordinating and helping others through the process. It’s been amazing to see my own personal growth through my time at the company.”
Erek Lehnen, Senior Tax Associate
“Vrakas creates multiple avenues for learning and development. While we work long hours in the offseason, the company culture and environment helps you push through the 4/15 deadline. I also enjoy the wide variety of activities and events that Vrakas holds for its employees, with one of my favorites being the Brewers game and tailgating.”
Wherever we go, our koozies go too. See all the fun places our koozies have been.
Financial Rewards and Benefits
At Vrakas, your hard work is appreciated and recognized. We are proud to offer our employees the following comprehensive benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term and short-term disability
- 401(k) plan and 5% guaranteed profit sharing contribution
- Retirement plan education and planning assistance
Paid time off
- Guaranteed 4 weeks of vacation to start
- Paid time off (PTO) with accrual opportunities
- Paid time off for volunteer activities
Career Advancement and Support
The Vrakas mentorship program assists employees with training and personal and professional development. Our mentors are available to answer career questions and assist you with managing your continuing professional education. At Vrakas, we emphasize hiring from within, proven by our Shareholder group, most of whom were promoted to their current positions after starting as interns or associates.
- CPA exam bonus, upon passing
- CPA exam fee reimbursement, upon passing
- Paid time off to take the CPA exam
- Reimbursement for continuing professional education credits
- In-house and off-site training
- Paid professional dues, including AICPA and WICPA
- New client referral bonus
- Firm hosted events throughout the year
- Bonus opportunities at all levels
- Casual dress code, including jeans
- Intermural athletics
- Flexible schedules
- Sit to stand desks
- Charitable opportunities
- Free parking
- Healthy snacks and catered meals during prime time
- On-site dry-cleaning service
A great culture is more than just perks, a portfolio of benefits and time off. A top workplace is about organizational health and employees that want to align with the company’s vision, be challenged by high-performance and feel they are valued and their voices heard. At Vrakas you get all that. Come join our amazing team!