Experience the Vrakas Difference. Join our team of valued employees who continuously voted our firm a Top Workplace!
The Vrakas CPAs + Advisors internship program provides all interns an introduction to audit responsibilities. As an intern, you will gain hands on experience working on real-world projects and learn more about the day-to-day responsibilities in our audit departments. You will also have numerous opportunities to network with members of the Vrakas team, and work on many of the issues that are currently impacting the profession. At Vrakas, we strive to create an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all interns so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial internship experience. As part of creating that type of environment, each intern is assigned a peer mentor who will help tailor and personalize the internship experience to the specific needs and goals of each intern.
The audit responsibilities will include performing procedures in order to verify the accuracy of various financial statement accounts including cash and bank reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, prepaid expenses, inventory, property and equipment, accrued expenses and job cost testing. Interns will be a part of teams who perform assurance services both remotely and on-site at our client’s headquarters and work directly with controllers, chief financial officers and business owners during the term of the engagement.
Our interns are trained on various computer software applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, Engagement (Workpaper and Trial Balance), and CCH Fixed Assets.
- Paid Internship
- Location: Kenosha, WI (in-person)
- Audit & Tax Duties
- The schedule and hours will be dependent on academic schedules
- Start Date: May 20, 2024
- End Date: August 23, 2024
- Primetime Amenities:
- Personal office space
- Collaboration space
- Casual dress code
- Provided electronics
- Snacks and refreshments
- Firm lunches
- Enrolled as a student, working towards your bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Pursuing credit eligibility to sit for the CPA exam, per state requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Efficient course work that provides general knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations
- Willingness to learn new skills and programs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for doing impactful work, professionalism, integrity and dependability
- Authorized to permanently work in the United States without sponsorship
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets. To learn more about the position, apply below or contact our Director of Talent, Tara Tomter at email@example.com