Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Midwest. We are looking for an Accounting Associate to join our team in downtown Chicago.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter looking to blaze a career path at their own pace. A key player who will help take our firm to the next level. We are not just filling a job, but providing a fantastic career opportunity. We encourage and support involvement with our clients’ businesses from all team members. This allows you to develop as a business advisor at the same time you gain valuable accounting and leadership skills.
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Gain hands-on experience and training in assisting our clients with the preparation of their monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of various annual tax returns including corporate, partnership, and individual returns as well as other federal and state filings
- In conjunction with the preparation of these returns, Accounting Associates will develop experience on a variety of tax planning and research projects
- Complete special projects at the requests of our clients in support of their financial reporting needs
- Gain hands-on experience and training in various areas, working with our clients who compete in a wide variety of industries
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers, and other members of the Vrakas team
- Work directly with our clients and their owners
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial experience
- Enjoy friendships, social activities, and team outings and encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-4 years’ experience in Accounting; public accounting experience a plus
- CPA certification or candidate for CPA certification
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Motivated to learn, proactive, organized
- Experience in Bookkeeping, QuickBooks Online or Sage is a plus
Aggressive compensation potential, commensurate on past performance and experience; 401K, profit sharing, comprehensive insurance benefits portfolio, vacation, PTO, and more. For more information about our benefits, visit our Culture & Benefits page under the Career’s tab.
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets. To learn more about the position, apply below or contact our Director of Talent, Tara Tomter at email@example.com