As one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Midwest, Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is looking for a Audit Manager to join our team in Kenosha office.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter looking to blaze a career path at their own pace. A key player who will help take our firm to the next level. We are not just filling a job; but providing a fantastic career opportunity. We encourage and support involvement with our clients’ businesses from all team members. This allows you to develop as a business advisor at the same time you gain valuable accounting and leadership skills.
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Supervising teams as they complete audits, reviews and compilations. Vrakas clients are generally closely-held/for profit business with a variety of ownership structures including family businesses, ESOP’s and private-equity.
- Training and developing audit associates. You will gain hands on experience and training in various areas, working with our clients who compete in a wide variety of industries.
- Consulting with clients on a variety of accounting and business matters. You will work directly with controllers, chief financial officers and business owners during the term of the engagement.
- Assisting on accounting due diligence projects
- Minimal travel outside of Southeast Wisconsin
- Certified Public Accounting license
- 5+ Years of public accounting experience
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- The ability to respond to client and firm requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Manufacturing, construction, distribution, real estate, or service industry experience a plus
Aggressive compensation potential, commensurate on past performance and experience; 401K, profit sharing, comprehensive insurance benefits portfolio, vacation, PTO, and more. For more information about our benefits, visit our Culture & Benefits page under the Career’s tab.
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets. To learn more about the position, apply below or contact our Director of Talent, Tara Tomter at firstname.lastname@example.org