A Vrakas summer internship includes exposure to public accounting in order to give you a better sense of the world outside of the classroom and to discover where your interests and talents lie. You will work in a variety of areas focusing primarily on employee benefit plan audits. You will get opportunities to work directly with clients both from our office and on-site at the client’s location. Interns perform the same level of work as our associate accountants which provides for a high quality experience. At Vrakas, we strive to create an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all interns so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial internship experience. As part of creating that type of environment, each intern is assigned a peer mentor who will help tailor and personalize the internship experience to the specific needs and goals of each intern.
Learned and Acquired Skills as a Vrakas Intern:
- Managing multiple clients with established timelines
- Gathering audit documentation and completing the audit engagement file
- Timely completion of assigned audit engagements
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers, and other members of Vrakas team.
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive beneficial experience.
This internship is available at our Brookfield, WI, Kenosha, WI, and Chicago, IL locations.
This paid internship will generally entail 40 hours per week and interns will have the opportunity to work additional hours if desired. The internship will be from approximately June 3, 2025, through August 23, 2025.
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets. To learn more about the position, apply below or contact our Director of Talent, Tara Tomter at firstname.lastname@example.org