Small Business Accounting Associate – Brookfield Office
Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is one of the largest independent CPA firms in southeastern Wisconsin. We are looking for an Experienced Small Business Accounting Associate to join our team.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter looking to blaze a career path at their own pace. A key player who will help take our firm to the next level. We are not just filling a job, but providing a fantastic career opportunity. We encourage and support involvement with our clients’ businesses from all team members. This allows you to develop as a business advisor at the same time you gain valuable accounting and leadership skills.
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Gain hands-on experience and training in assisting our small business accounting clients with the preparation of their monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Complete special projects at the requests of our clients in support of their financial reporting needs.
- Gain hands-on experience and training in various areas, working with our clients who compete in a wide variety of industries.
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers, and other members of the Vrakas team.
- Work directly with our clients and their owners.
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial experience.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities, and team outings and encourage a work-life balance.
- Assist in the preparation of various tax returns including corporate, partnership, and individual returns as well as other federal and state filings.
- In conjunction with the preparation of these returns, Accounting Associates will develop experience on a variety of tax planning and research projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or two-year associates degree in accounting
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
Aggressive compensation potential, commensurate on past performance and experience; 401K, profit sharing, comprehensive insurance benefits portfolio, vacation, PTO, and more.
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in southeastern Wisconsin.
Experience the Vrakas Difference and join our family!