Great clients mean nothing without great employees. At Vrakas CPAs + Advisors, our fast-paced, rapidly growing Brookfield office offers the cultural benefits of a locally-owned firm with the vast resources of a regional firm. Vrakas offers continuous learning, opportunities, and advancement. As one of the largest independent CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets, Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is looking for an employee benefit plan audit associate to join our team.
This position is also available remote. Please comment on preference down below.
- Communicate with clients and firm associates in a timely, accurate, positive, and professional manner
- Managing multiple clients with established timelines
- Gathering audit documentation and completing the audit engagement file
- Timely completion of assigned audit engagements
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers, and other members of Vrakas team.
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive beneficial experience.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings and encourage work-life balance
- Participate in continuing professional education programs
- Associate degree in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of retirement plan industry experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Knowledge of retirement plan industry, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations and plan document issues
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- Licensed CPA
Aggressive compensation potential, commensurate on past performance and experience; 401K, profit sharing, comprehensive insurance benefits portfolio, vacation, PTO, and more. For more information about our benefits, visit our Culture & Benefits page under the Career’s tab.
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets. To learn more about the position, apply below or contact our Director of Talent, Tara Tomter at firstname.lastname@example.org