Employee Benefit Plan Audit Associate – Brookfield
Great clients mean nothing without great employees. At Vrakas CPAs + Advisors, our fast-paced, rapidly growing Brookfield office offers the cultural benefits of a locally-owned firm with the vast resources of a regional firm. Vrakas offers continuous learning, opportunities, and advancement.
As one of the largest independent CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets, Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is looking for an employee benefit plan audit associate to join our team.
This position is also available remote. Please select the appropriate listing based on your preference when applying.
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Communicate with clients and firm associates in a timely, accurate, positive, and professional manner
- Managing multiple clients with established timelines
- Gathering audit documentation and completing the audit engagement file
- Timely completion of assigned audit engagements
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers, and other members of Vrakas team.
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive beneficial experience.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings and encourage work-life balance
- Participate in continuing professional education programs
- Associate degree in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of retirement plan industry experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Knowledge of retirement plan industry, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations and plan document issues
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- Licensed CPA
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets.
Experience the Vrakas difference and join our family!