Great clients mean nothing without great employees. At Vrakas CPAs + Advisors, our fast-paced, rapidly growing Kenosha office offers unique employment opportunities. We aim to provide a fantastic career opportunity while giving you the tools and guidance to take the next steps in your career.
The Vrakas CPAs + Advisors internship program provides all interns an introduction to both audit and tax responsibilities. As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience working on real-world projects and learn more about the day-to-day responsibilities in both our audit and tax departments.
At Vrakas, we strive to create an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all interns so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial internship experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits
- Develop technical competency and provide assistance to clients
- Serve as a trusted business advisor for clients and associates
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in processes to enhance efficiency, recognize potential issues and/or opportunities in engagements and discuss with engagement leaders
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership, and other types of tax returns
- Complete tax research and special projects as needed
- Prepare estimated quarterly and extension tax payments
- Gain experience, exposure, and knowledge of tax procedures and reporting
- Perform a wide range of work as part of assurance teams, including audits, reviews, compilations and special projects in accordance with firm and professional standards and as directed by engagement leaders
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
- Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement outputs
- Develop technical competency with GAAP and accounting procedures, especially related to an assigned product line
Our interns are trained on various computer software applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, ProSystem fx (Workpaper, Trial Balance and Tax Preparation software), BNA Fixed Assets and T-Value amortization.
The paid internship will generally entail 40 hours per week and interns will have the opportunity to work additional hours if desired. The internship will be from approximately January 3, 2022 through April 15, 2022.