Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is one of the largest independent CPA firms in southeastern Wisconsin. Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is looking for an experienced Audit Associate to join our team in our Brookfield Office.Send Us Your Resume
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Work within the team concept supervising teams as they complete audits, reviews and compilations. Vrakas clients are generally closely-held/for profit business with a variety of ownership structures including family businesses, ESOP’s and private-equity.
- Gain hands on experience and training in various areas, working with our clients who compete in a wide variety of industries. While gaining this experience, audit associates also gain an in depth knowledge of their clients’ businesses and industries.
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers and other members of the Vrakas team.
- Work directly with controllers, chief financial officers and business owners during the term of the engagement.
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial experience. Each experienced Audit Associate is assigned a peer mentor who will help tailor and personalize each individual’s career path.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings and encourage a work-life balance.
- Participate in CPE programs necessary to maintain your CPA certificate
- Minimal travel outside of Southeast Wisconsin
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum major GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two busy seasons of audit experience
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- The ability to respond to client and firm requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Work effectively with various computer software applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, ProSystem fx (Workpaper, Trial Balance software), BNA Fixed Assets and other related applications