Experienced Audit Associate – Chicago Office
Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Midwest. Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is looking for an experienced Audit Associate to join our team.
Are you a difference maker? Do you like to be challenged? Do you like to solve problems and figure things out? If so, we want to talk with you about our opportunity.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter looking to blaze a career path at their own pace. A key player who will help take our firm to the next level. We are not just filling a job; but providing a fantastic career opportunity. We encourage and support involvement with our clients’ businesses from all team members. This allows you to develop as a business advisor at the same time you gain valuable accounting and leadership skills.
Responsibilities & Opportunities
- Work within the team concept supervising teams as they complete audits, reviews and compilations. Vrakas clients are generally closely-held/for profit business with a variety of ownership structures including family businesses, ESOP’s and private-equity owned companies
- Gain hands on experience and training in various areas, working with our clients who compete in a wide variety of industries. While gaining this experience, audit associates also gain an in-depth knowledge of their clients’ businesses and industries
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, managers and other members of the Vrakas team
- Work directly with controllers, chief financial officers and business owners during the term of the engagement
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial experience. Each experienced Audit Associate is assigned a peer mentor who will help tailor and personalize each individual’s career path
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings and encourage a work-life balance
- Participate in CPE programs necessary to maintain your CPA certificate
- Minimal travel outside of Southeast Wisconsin
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum major GPA of 3.0
- A minimum of two busy seasons of audit experience
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- The ability to respond to client and firm requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Work effectively with various computer software applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, ProSystem fx (Workpaper, Trial Balance software), BNA Fixed Assets and other related applications
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets.
Experience the Vrakas difference and join our family!