Tax Associate – Kenosha Office
Service. Solution. Success. With over 70 professionals, our experience, size, and resources enable us to provide high-quality assurance, tax, and small business accounting services for privately-held companies in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, real estate, and professional services. At Vrakas CPAs + Advisors, we provide you with the tools needed to map out your own path to success, built around your talents and goals. Our team atmosphere and close-knit culture emphasizes and supports career development and personal growth.
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Prepare various tax returns including corporate, partnership, and individual returns. In conjunction with the preparation of these returns, tax associates will develop experience on a variety of tax planning and research projects
- Gain hands on experience and training in various areas, working with our clients who compete in a wide variety of industries. While gaining this experience, tax associates also gain an in-depth knowledge of their clients’ businesses and industries
- Numerous opportunities to work directly with partners, mangers, and other members of the Vrakas team
- Work in an environment structured around providing personalized learning opportunities for all team members so that everyone is able to have a positive and beneficial experience. Each tax associate is assigned a peer mentor who will help tailor and personalize each individual’s career path
- Enjoy friendships, social activities, and team outings and encourage a work-life balance
- Participate in CPE programs necessary to maintain your CPA certificate
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum major GPA of 3.0
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Th ability to respond to client and firm requests in a timely, accurate, positive, and professional manner
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Work effectively with various computer software applications including, but not limited to: Excel, Word, ProSystem fx (Workpaper, Trial Balance and Tax Preparation software), CCH Fixed Assets, T-Value amortization and other related applications
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in southeastern Wisconsin.
Experience the Vrakas difference and join our family!