Audit Associate – Kenosha Office
Great clients mean nothing without great employees. At Vrakas CPAs + Advisors, our fast-paced, rapidly growing office offers the cultural benefits of a locally-owned firm with the vast resources of a regional firm. Vrakas offers continuous learning, opportunities and advancement.
As one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Midwest, Vrakas CPAs + Advisors is looking for an associate to join our team in our Kenosha office. Get the opportunity to work with many great clients while helping them reach their desired financial goals and outcomes.
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Perform a wide range of work as part of assurance teams, including audits and reviews, and special projects in accordance with firm and professional standards and as directed by engagement leaders
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
- Prepare financial statements and footnotes, management reports and other engagement outputs
- Develop technical competency with GAAP and accounting procedures
- Communicate with client and firm associates in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits
- Participate in continuing professional education programs
- Serve as a trusted business advisor for clients and associates
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in processes to enhance efficiency, recognize potential issues and/or opportunities in engagements and discuss with engagement leaders
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam or the intention to continue to pursue required educational requirements to become eligible
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office products
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations
- Willingness to learn new skills and programs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for doing impactful work, professionalism, integrity and dependability
Vrakas is fiercely independent and steadfast in its desire to remain one of the largest locally-owned CPA firms in Wisconsin and surrounding markets.
Experience the Vrakas difference and join our family!